Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Updating order address causes price changes

Vote:

Hello,
recently we had several issues with shipping addresses being mistyped by the customers (nothing unusual actually). While manually updating the order shipping address, we noticed that after save, order value was changed as applied promotions had disappeared.
I assume we must've been doing something wrong, but believe that the order shouldn't be reevaluated and changed without the purpose after the customer had placed an order?

In our case after order save some discounts disappear. What I've found by hanging around with debugger is that promotions are reevaluated on shipping address change, and they are not being taken into consideration (due to its end, redemption limits etc.). We're using custom order statuses, but I can't see any connection between custom status and the issue - the promotions disappear regardless of the status of an order.

Modifying address result in disappearing discounts in both Commerce Manager and the new Order Management (Beta) tab.

Might I be doing something wrong, or misunderstanding how the Episerver Commerce works? How to prevent that behavior?

Dec 21, 2020 14:07
Vote:

I assume you are using a custom shipping gateway to calculate shipping cost. When you update the shipping information or order status, your shipping gateway will be called again. The problem will be around this area. You might be re-validating order at this time?

Feb 01, 2021 23:32
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.