Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Why can't I delete the last version of a product/variant for a specific non master language?

Vote:

Hi!

I'm trying to delete all versions of a product with variants for a lanugage that is not the master language.

If I use "Delete all verions on Norwegian" is says "You cannot delete this version". If I delete one by one I cannot delete the last version even if it is not published, the option is available.

I works fine in the CMS but maybe Commerce has a different build in behavior?

Thanks!

/Kristoffer

Dec 17, 2020 10:00
Vote:

My memory is a bit rusty now, but the basic concept for Commerce is that a catalog content will always be available in all languages of the catalog it's in. So if Norwegian is defined as a language in your catalog, your product will always have at least one version in Norwegian. Even if you delete all versions (using one way or another), next time you open the product it will have one version (Created and saved on the fly)  

Dec 17, 2020 11:00
Vote:

Yes, looks like it. I created a new product and got a version in all languages.

Thanks!

Dec 17, 2020 11:46
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.