Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Creating a spend amount promotion that allows dollars off and a free gift

Vote:

Im trying to create a custom promotion within commerce and was wondering if it's possible to have a promotion that applies dollars off and allows a free gift.  I ask becuase it looks as though in our "processor" class for dollars off you need to inherit OrderPromotionProcessorBase and for a free gift you need to inherit EntryPromotionProcessorBase.

[ServiceConfiguration(Lifecycle = ServiceInstanceScope.Singleton)]
public class SpendAmountChooseGiftPromotionProcessor : EntryPromotionProcessorBase<SpendAmountChooseGiftPromotion>

[ServiceConfiguration(Lifecycle = ServiceInstanceScope.Singleton)]
public class SpendAmountGetOrderDiscountPromotionProcessor : OrderPromotionProcessorBase<SpendAmountGetOrderDiscountPromotion>

I want to create a new one that combines both of these

Thanks

Jan 25, 2021 18:40
Vote:

What about the Promo itself?

public class SpendAmountGetOrderDiscountChooseGiftPromotion : OrderPromotion

vs

public class SpendAmountGetOrderDiscountChooseGiftPromotion : EntryPromotion

Also, we are on Commerce v12.17.1.  I do not see an IPromotionResult available and im guessing because we're not on 13.  We will be upgrading to the latest this quarter.  Can I still accomplish this via 12.17?

Thanks

Jan 26, 2021 16:37
Vote:

Hi Todd,

I am not sure why you want to create custom promotion with combination of OrderPromotion and EntryPromotion, However you can apply multiple promotion on an order. If you want to set any custom logic into the promotion then create custom promotion for each of them instead of combine both and then create a campaign into the market tab and set the priority of promotions, so promotion with coupon A (e.g. EntryPromotion) can be processed in promotion with coupon B (e.g. OrderPromotion).

And I think we don't required to create a custom promotion with combining both of the OrderPromotion and EntryPromotion as describe above.

Jan 26, 2021 21:02
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.