Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Noindex Nofollow Default Distinct Rules for 2 Catalogues

Vote:

Hello! We've run into a roadblock. We usually have one catalogue and "index, follow" set by default for each catalogue category & product page. For our current project, we have two catalogues (1 is publicly available, while the other is restricted to certain logged-in users).

We would require a rule for the 2nd catalogue (the restricted one) for the category/pages to be set to "noindex, nofollow." Anyone knows a way to achieve that?

Thank you very much!

Nov 15, 2021 15:33
Vote:

The noindex, nofollow rules will be specific to your implementation that are rendering the page templates out. So the simplest way to add a switch in the page controllers to determine which catalog it is and set the correct values in the ViewModels used for the pages. 

Nov 15, 2021 17:37
Vote:

Hi scott,

I have actually posted a more "code implementation" version of this question here: https://world.optimizely.com/forum/developer-forum/Developer-to-developer/Thread-Container/2021/11/default-value-based-on-catalog/#266750

Basically, I am wondering if we can set it at creation time before we publish but we need to still be able to modify it per content.

Let me know if that clarifies anything,

Thank you,

Pier

Nov 15, 2021 19:29
Vote:

Thank you Scott for your help!

Nov 16, 2021 14:54
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.