Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Cannot remove expire date on products and variants?

Vote:

Hi!

Why can't I remove the expire date on a product or variant? I can set any date but when pushing the button "Remove expiration date", the field is cleard and it looks ok, but when I refresh the product or variant the date comes back?
Why is this? I'm sure that the expiration date could be empty before and the StopPublish is a nullable DateTime so I should work or maybe I'm missing something?

I get the same behaviour in Foundation.

Thanks!

/Kristoffer

Mar 25, 2021 16:45
Vote:

When creating commerce creation the content is automatically set to have an expiration date 10 years in the future when the expiration was left blank. Further editing content to remove the expiration shows the same results.

This is actually intended functionality within the commerce items. The way that the commerce data layer is designed will require an expiration date. If this expiration is not specifically set at any point the system will have the content expire in 10 years to replicate the behavior of omitting an expiration date.

Mar 25, 2021 20:21
Vote:

Thanks Naveed!

Apr 12, 2021 7:01
Vote:

Late to the party, but the way the catalog system was designed, the stop publish date ("End Date") was not null, so it is always required. Removing that is a breaking change and we decided to stick with it. 

Apr 12, 2021 8:54
Vote:

Ok, so now it accepts null but if you set null Commerce sets a date 10 years a head meaning it will never be null?

Apr 12, 2021 9:45
Vote:

Yes. The Stop Publish is a CMS concept, which allows null. End Date (the underlying Commerce concept) does not, so you can set StopPublish to null, but EndDate will always be auto-set. 

Apr 12, 2021 9:47
Vote:

Yes. The Stop Publish is a CMS concept, which allows null. End Date (the underlying Commerce concept) does not, so you can set StopPublish to null, but EndDate will always be auto-set. 

Apr 12, 2021 9:47
Vote:

Ok, thanks Quan.

Apr 12, 2021 9:49
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.