Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Commerce Manager 12.12: checkbox "multiline" missing for dictionary meta field

Vote:

Hi,

The checkbox that determines single- vs. multivalue dictionary meta field is missing in Commerce Manager. Does anyone have an idea about why this happens?

My reproduction steps:

1. Go to Commerce Manager -> Administration -> Catalog system -> Meta fields

2. Then select any dictionary type meta field or create a new meta field of dictionary type.

=> The checkbox Multiline is not there, but instead a gap between Supports Multiple Languages and Use in comparing.

(I would have uploaded a picture but I am not allowed.)

Kind regards

Edited, Apr 09, 2021 15:38
Vote:

Are you selecting String Dictionary instead of Dictionary ?

Apr 09, 2021 22:58
Vote:

Only Dictionary type allows the selection of Multiline (i.e. DictionarySingleValue vs DictionaryMultiValue), basically what Surjit said 

Apr 12, 2021 9:06
Vote:

@Quan, I think the String Dictionary introduced in Commerce 13.1, however @Hampus is looking in commerce version 12.12.

The String Dictionary is the correct option for the saving of multiple values.

Edited, Apr 12, 2021 9:12
Vote:

No. String Dictionary has been there since forever. It was added support for content API in a later version (I don't recall which, but I was the one made the contribution)

StringDictionary does not has the selection for multiline 

Apr 12, 2021 9:26
Vote:

Thanks for your replies. I am using the Dictionary type, for which the multiline checkbox is not visible.

Edit: however, the Multiline option now appears when I create a new meta field. Maybe the page reload didn't work correctly last time I tried it.

Edited, Apr 12, 2021 9:43
Vote:

You can install a new Commerce Manager site, and point the connectionStrings to your databases, to see if it works. The Apps folder can sometimes be corrupted (missing files, for example). 

Apr 12, 2021 9:46
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.