Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Promotions based on Customer Groups

Vote:

I am trying to find a solution to allow merchandizers to restrict a Promotion for one or many Customer Groups.

I was initially planning to create Visitor Groups for each Customer Group, and personalize the promotion based on Visitor Groups, but I've recently realized that the Visitor Groups will not work if the customer didn't Allow Cookies (or "Do not track" is enabled). Therefore, I'm reaching out to see if anyone here has customized the Promotion engine to allow the merchandisers to select one or many Customer Groups when setting up a promotion (Campaign), or if you have found other workarounds?

Thanks!

Mar 31, 2023 15:57
Vote:

What is the context of your Customer Groups?

Since you're mentioning Visitor Groups, I assume its something that is decided in real time.

Apr 10, 2023 15:04
Vote:

Our customers are synced from an ERP system with a specific Customer Group (ex: "Platinum", "Standard", etc... ). We have different pricing per Customer Group. We want to be able to personalize promotions per Customer Groups as well.

Thanks!

Apr 11, 2023 14:51
Vote:

You could implement a custom promotion in code and extend an existing Promotion. Then write your Customer Group logic in the Evaluate method.

https://docs.developers.optimizely.com/customized-commerce/v13.0.0-commerce-cloud/docs/custom-promotions

Apr 11, 2023 23:20
Eric Deschambault - Apr 17, 2023 14:23
thank you!
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.