Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Extending workspace.aspx

Vote:

I'd like to extend workspace.aspx to display some custom content when the user first logs in. Is this possible to do, and how to do it in that case?
Oct 31, 2005 17:27
Vote:

To extend any system page you would need to use the alternate files functionality. First you need to set the EPfEnableAlternateFiles key in the web.config to true. Next create a new folder called edit_ and create the page you want to extend (use the same name, in this case workspace.aspx). EPiServer will now check for a file in your alternate folder first before it loads it's own version. This also works for the admin and util directories I believe. To extend functionality in a page, all you should need to do is make your new page inherit from the system page class, then add any custom functionality you like to your new one. Hope this helps, Jeremy.
Oct 31, 2005 20:41
Vote:

The problem with this, is that I only want to customize the first tab and keep the rest. And since workspace.aspx (Root) is an ordinary page type, I don't see the reason to use shadowing?
Nov 01, 2005 18:06
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.