Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

PageTemplateContainer

Vote:

Hi. I've created a new type of PageList, which extends from EPiServer:PageList. In my list (in CreateChildControls), I do several checks to see if the page has certain sub-pages, how many, and so on. I would like to store these values in the container, because I also need to have these values in the template container in HTML code. So I need to extend the PageTemplateContainer. How is this best accomplished? I tried to create my own MyPageTemplateContainer, which inherits from PageTemplateContainer, but this was unsuccessful. Thanks, Frank :)
Feb 04, 2005 17:50
Vote:

Hi, again. Managed to sort it out myself. Instead of instantiating a Control in CreateChildControls, I instantiated a MyPageTemplateContainer, and set the properties on this object, and then finally _itemTemplate.InstantiateIn(template). In the HTML code I read from these properties with for example Container.MyProperty. Frank :)
Feb 07, 2005 9:00
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.