Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Unable to login from Office Add-In!

Vote:

Hi. Our customer have an internet and an intranet, both based on 4.41. The internet uses Forms auth., while the intranet uses integrated auth. against their AD. We have installed the Office Add-In for both sites on a client, but when we try to publish to the intranet, we can't login. The error messsage states that it can't connect to the specified EPiServer site, and is unable to perform the action [401]. Isn't integrated auth. supported by the Office Add-In, or have I missed something? (BTW, I have installed client tool v1.1, activated both sites, and granted publishing right to Everyone.) Thanks, Frank :)
May 11, 2005 17:01
Vote:

We have had a similar problem but it only occured when our FIrewall client was disabled and therefore our ISA server blocks the request to the web service to log in. It sounds like you are having a similar issue where the Office Add-in can't find the EPiServer site. Check that your firewall is not blocking the Add-in from communicating with the web service on your site.
May 12, 2005 22:11
Vote:

We have the same problem, did you ever find out what caused this?
Aug 16, 2005 15:00
Vote:

Hi. I got this from Support back in May 2005: Hi! I think you need to allow anonymous access to the \Util\ClientTools\webservices folder (on the windows integrated auth. site). I know you needed to allow this when using the 1.0 version, but I thought this was fixed in 1.1. I suggest you try this anyway and see what happens. Also, I reported problems with publishing from Office to EPiServer, using multilingual page types. This issue has been determined to be a known issue: Regarding case #34294, Unable to login from Office Add-In Your case description has been determined to be a known issue. Issue ID 35874 Title Cannot create multilanguage pages from Microsoft Office Status Active Solution planned in Not specified Description: When creating pages from the Microsoft Office Add-In the language is set to the language of the current locale on the client and you have no option to select a specific language. Frank :)
Aug 17, 2005 14:22
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.