Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

DOPEable properties in usercontrol

Vote:

In a UserControl; if I want to include a property that is defined on, let say, the start page, and that should be possible to edit in DOPE, I do the following... .ascx .ascx.cs public PageData root; public EPiServer.WebControls.Property Whatever; private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { root = Global.EPDataFactory.GetPage(Global.EPConfig.StartPage); Whatever.InnerProperty = root.Property["Whatever"]; Whatever.Editable = true; } But it feels like I'm missing out on something really basic.
Aug 25, 2005 1:35
Vote:

I think you could just do this: .ascx
Aug 25, 2005 22:45
Vote:

Oops, continued... Then you shouldn't need anything in your code behind. Cheers.
Aug 25, 2005 22:47
Vote:

Sorry for wasting yours and everyone elses time. I was probably drivelling you away with this too-simple-to-be-a-saying-what-he-says question (because I don't see how your prop would work). It should of course just be; .ascx
Aug 26, 2005 14:44
Vote:

Duh, take that back. DOPE changes doesn't stick, alltough it looks like they save at first glance. But when I reload page, it's reset. Anyone? I feel like a real DOPE here...
Aug 26, 2005 17:27
Vote:

DOPE only works for saving properties on the current page.
Sep 08, 2005 12:14
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.