Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Accessing last approver in the actual flow

Vote:

We want to get hold of the last approver when publishing a page, i.e. the UnifiedPrincipal id (or actually the name taken from AD) will be "stamped" on the page. The user wants the traditional Save-Approve-Publish workflow, but wants the names of creator, approver and publisher to be stamped in the document into separated properties. This poses some difficulties: how do we get hold of current task, when in a publishing event? And how do we get hold of the id of the person who completed the previous task in the flow? I have experimented with the OnStatusChanged event and selecting the publishing event, then save the taskid in a session variable and then finally use the value of this variable in the publishing event (which occurs subsequently after the taskstatus event being fired), where I query the workflow manager on the preceding task using WorkflowManaager.GetTasks. But maybe this isn't the best method. Unfortunately the workflow system is very badly documented (=THERE IS NO DOCUMENTATION). There is a chapter about workflow in the ODA-paper (well written), but that's it. Any help would be appreciated!!!! Christian Wallgren
Sep 09, 2005 8:57
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.