Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

ExplorerTree NullReferenceException using sample code

Vote:

Hi, Could someone point me in the correct direction to understanding why the following is happening and how to avoid it please? I'm writing an Admin plug-in and would like to add an ExplorerTree control. I copied the example from Developing Solutions with EPiServer, modifying it as I assume that there is no CurrentPage so I need to sort out my own PageReference instance for the Pagelink property: I also tried: PageLink="<%# new episerver.core.pagereference(35)%>" and setting the PageLink just before DataBind in the code-behind file. All of which give me the same error: [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] EPiServer.WebControls.PageTreeData.PopulatePages(PageDataCollection pages) +250 EPiServer.WebControls.PageControlBase.ᐁ() +44 EPiServer.WebControls.ExplorerTree.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +51 Also tried setting PageLink in the code behind file to no success. Does anyone have a working sample of using ExplorerTree that would function correctly in an Admin plugin? I'm using ASP.NET 1.1, EPiServer 4.60 on XP. Cheers, Andy
Dec 04, 2006 12:51
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.