Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How do you update an page in code ?

Vote:

Hi, I'm in the process of creating a migration tool that transfer content from an another CMS to Episerver (using its webservices). I can add pages (SaveAction.Publish) but I cannot update a newly added page. I want to update newly added pages, because I need to transfer the version of the pages as well. Thanks! Danie
Mar 31, 2006 16:33
Vote:

Hi there Is your problem to get the new created ID? The following code should update the page with the id NewCreatedID PageBase oPage = (PageBase)this.Page; PageData oData = oPage.GetPage(new PageReference(NewCreatedID)); oData.PageName = "New Name TEST"; Global.EPDataFactory.Save(oData, EPiServer.DataAccess.SaveAction.Publish); Or did I missunderstand your question? /snive
Mar 31, 2006 16:43
Vote:

Hi ! Thanks for your help and quick answer ! It worked !
Mar 31, 2006 17:22
Vote:

Hello Daniel, What CMS are you migration from? A migration tool might be interesting for others that use the same CMS. Best regards, Mikael Runhem, EP Research
Apr 01, 2006 21:27
Vote:

Hi Mikael, Our client's current CMS is a custom developed CMS called BEE, which has been developed specifically for the client. I'm planning to migrate the data with the help of Episerver's web services. Kind regards, Danie
Apr 04, 2006 8:21
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.