Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Mirroring files

Vote:

Does anybody know if files and documents are copied along with pages when mirroring is used? Does mirroring include the page-specific documents, all documents or none of these?
Apr 10, 2006 18:39
Vote:

Mirroring will mirror attached files if they are linked in a property using standard functionality. E.g. If you link a document into the main body content of a page using the insert document tool, the the linked document will be mirrored. The linked files must be in a UnifiedFileSystem share, such as Page files or Global files etc. If you have a dynamic control that lists files from a UnifiedDirectory at runtime, then mirroring will not mirror these files, they have to be linked into a property. One other note, last time I checked there was a bug in mirroring where the file summary information saved in EPiServer for a file is not mirrored, even when the file is. -- Jeremy
Apr 11, 2006 5:02
Vote:

Thanks! I will check with the client but I think we will have to set up something like rsync for the UnifiedDirectory, which means it won't use the new (from 4.50) and version controlled functionality.
Apr 11, 2006 9:42
Vote:

Be aware that there's a really annoying bug with the document mirroring. The picture URLs are not changed when you mirror document pages. (or do an export/import) If your customer uses excel to display charts etc., or pictures in word documents, I would wait until there's a fix available.
Apr 24, 2006 10:13
Vote:

Besides that, mirroring of documents works great...
Apr 24, 2006 10:14
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.