Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Sorting unifiedfile()

Vote:

I'm using UnifiedDirectory.Getfiles() to create a datasource for a datalist. I want to be able to sort the files by creation date in the resulting unifiedFile() . Anybody got any ideas? Thanks, Steve.
Jun 06, 2006 17:22
Vote:

Ever figure this out? /John
Nov 21, 2006 12:30
Vote:

No. We were having other problems with the unified file system like .xls files were failing to load when all other formats were OK. Strangely only on our live servers, Dev & test were all OK. So I've stopped using it in favour of Page Files.
Feb 26, 2007 14:19
Vote:

I did this recently with a repeater control. I wanted to be able to sort files in various ways and included sorting the folders they were in as well. I built a custom plugin for the sort types I wanted and in code behind I built a DataSet: some snippets: sortOrder = CurrentPage["SortOrder"].ToString(); DataSet myTableDataSet = new DataSet(); DataTable myTable = new DataTable(); myTable.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("Path", typeof(string))); myTable.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("Size", typeof(string))); myDataRow1["Path"] = HttpUtility.HtmlEncode(f.Path); myDataRow1["Size"] = ConvertFileSize(f.Length); myDataView.Table = myTableDataSet.Tables[0]; myDataView.Sort = "DirID, FileID, " + sortOrder; /John
Feb 26, 2007 16:10
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.