Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer:PageSearch, VersioningFileSystem & UnifiedSearchLocations

Vote:

We're using the EPiServer:PageSearch control to provide the search on a site we're developing. Previously we'd always had SearchFiles set to false as this wasn't a requirements but for this site it is. I've enabled the SearchFiles, and set the UnifiedSearchLocations appropriately and enabled EPiServer Indexing as the file store is an EPiServer versioned file system. The search functionality is working fine but my question is about the ranking of the results. From what I can tell the pages search is ranked correctly but the document search results all contain an indentical ranking of 500. Is this just the way that the PageSearch works (i.e. appends the document results to the end of the pages search results) or have we missed something in our configuration? Thanks, Justin
Jul 10, 2006 17:27
Vote:

We're having the exact same problem. Checking the EPiServer.dll with reflector reveals that the value '500' is inserted when adding search hits returned from the Lucene indexsearch. collection1.Add(new UnifiedSearchHit(text1 + "/" + item1.Name, 500, item1.Name, query1.CreateHtmlPreview(document1))); Another problem is that highlight html is inserted into the preview text as a b-element. Highlighting should always be optional and probably better done with strong, em or span element.
Dec 07, 2006 9:46
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.