Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

XForms and File Select

Vote:

Using XForms we were looking to add the ability to upload a file through an XForm but this functionality does not appear to be there. The W3C XForms documentation includes a definition for using but my guess is this isn't implemented for a reason. Can anyone think of a way in which we may be able to get this to work or are we stuck having to write bespoke forms in this particular case? Thanks.
Aug 02, 2006 18:40
Vote:

This is something I had wanted to do a few times also but have never actually tried to implement it. I have had a few ideas though. One idea is to create a new template that has an xform property and a hardcoded file upload control, the xform could do its own thing and the file upload could be handled by the template. This would mean there would always be the file upload on the template but then you could also add a checkbox property to allow users to enable/disable. The other idea which a lot more simplistic is to make the file upload a second step. So after the user completes the xform they redirect to a file upload page. Just some thoughts, but agree it would be a nice to have in the standard functionality. Cheers, Jeremy.
Aug 03, 2006 22:49
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.