Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Insert EPiFields phrases as inline elements

Vote:

I am looking into using EPiFields for handling som text phrases that I want to be able to insert into text paragraphs. As far as I can see, EPiFields phrases are alwas inserted surrounded by a
element. I would like to be able to change that to a element. Is there a (hopefully) simple way to achieve this?
Sep 21, 2006 16:39
Vote:

A clarification: I can get it to VISUALLY display inline, using CSS. This is obviously not a good solution when you want a truly accessible website.
Sep 21, 2006 16:48
Vote:

Never mind ;-) It appears that EPiFields converts removes the
tags when rendering the page, although they are visible in the editor in EPiServer.
Sep 22, 2006 9:19
Vote:

Hi Maria! As you've noticed, the encapsulating
's are only rendered when page is rendered in edit or dope-mode. This is to ensure that the field is not lost when changes made in dope mode is committed. An anonymous user requesting the page should not get the containing
. Regards Johan Olofsson EPiServer Research
Sep 22, 2006 12:48
Vote:

I have, however, encoutered a problem with this. When the text in the editor is surrounded by bleck-level elements, e.g.

, and an EPiFields field is inserted into the paragraph, the editor logic is so clever (stupid?) that it breaks the paragraph into two paragraphs on each side of the
inserted by EPiFields. This makes it quite useless. I have a customer who would really benefit from using EPiFields for inline phrases. How can this problem be overcome?
Sep 29, 2006 11:49
Vote:

Hi Maria! We recommend you to use
instead of

-tags together with EPiFields just to prevent the behavior you describe. There is a setting in Admin-mode that forces the editor to favor

instead of

tags. Regards Johan Olofsson

Oct 01, 2006 15:04
Vote:

Thanks, that works! I'll just let the design and usability people know that

is off limits ;-)
Oct 02, 2006 15:20
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.