Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

LDAP authentication and retrieve more user data

Vote:

Hi! I’m using LDAP authentication for editors and I need to put more information from LDAP into PersonalizedData. In this way I can get hold of a specific id and contact another system when the user is authenticated. Maybe by doing this: ... if (CurrentUser.Identity.IsAuthenticated) { PersonalizedData user = PersonalizedData.Load(CurrentUser.Identity.Name); string externalUserID = user["externalSystemID"] = "0123456789"; } Anyone done this before and can help me out where to start. I’m using EPi 4.61, asp.net 2.0. Cheers Öjje
Feb 22, 2007 16:19
Vote:

I found my way out by synchronize LDAP data in the Web.config. So far it works well. In my question I wrote the example in a bad way. I meant: ... if (CurrentUser.Identity.IsAuthenticated) { PersonalizedData user = PersonalizedData.Load(CurrentUser.Identity.Name); string externalUserID = user["externalSystemID"] ; //= "0123456789" } //öjje
Feb 23, 2007 8:28
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.