Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Generate excel-file, works on localhost but not on production server

Vote:

Hi, I'm not sure if this is an episerver problem but i'll try :-) I'm generating a excel-file when the user clicks a button. On localhost this works fine, the download dialog pops up and I can download or open the generated excel-file. When I move to the production server the content of the excel-doc is "episerver 404 error msg" (cant find page....) localhost is xp pro, server is 2003, episerver is 4.61 on both machines. Thanks !! /frode Response.Clear(); Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "inline;filename=excelreport.xls"); Response.Charset = ""; Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache); Response.ContentType = "application/ms-excel"; Response.ContentEncoding = System.Text.Encoding.Default; System.Text.StringBuilder str = new System.Text.StringBuilder(); ..... str is filled with a table .... Response.Write(str); Response.End(); Response.Flush();
May 29, 2007 11:51
Vote:

Ok - i figured it out, was a bug in my datalayer on the production server that caused the excel output to fail... Thanks anyway :-) /Frode
May 29, 2007 13:53
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.