Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Logging access to the page

Vote:

Hi all. Ok I'm new to the EPIServer but there is a problem to solve. Scenario: - each page is marked with a flag: watch (yes/no). Editor sets this flag for all the pages. - when flag is set for the page I need to log user access in the database (user name, email, time and page name). How to do this? Does EPIServer have built-in "conditional tracking system"? Or I have to write own SP and call this SP from code? Anyway: how to call own SP from code using EPIServer built-in functions? Any help would be appreciated. Jack
Jan 24, 2008 14:08
Vote:

Hi. You can add a new table in the EPiServer database, and use the EPsConnection-string from web.config to connect to your table. Then you can use your own SP to insert values into the table, no big magic. Remember to use try / catch so you can handle any unexpected errors. Would also reccomend that you have a kew in web.config that turns on / off the tracking. Ex. /Øyvind
Jan 30, 2008 13:10
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.