Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Access was denied to page StartPage in EPiServer.PageBase

Vote:

I am trying to open a popup page with a user that dont have access to startpage and I get the followin error message:

Exception Details: EPiServer.Core.AccessDeniedException: Access was denied to page 5.

[AccessDeniedException: Access was denied to page 5.]  
EPiServer.PageBase.GetPage(PageReference pageLink) +248    
EPiServer.Web.PageExtensions.SaveCurrentPage.get_CurrentPage() +175    
EPiServer.PageBase.get_CurrentPage() +16    
EPiServer.Web.PageExtensions.ContextMenu.SetupOnPageEdit() +89    
EPiServer.Web.PageExtensions.ContextMenu.RegisterMenuScripts(Object sender, EventArgs e) +72    
System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0   
 System.Web.UI.Control.OnInit(EventArgs e) +99    
System.Web.UI.Page.OnInit(EventArgs e) +12    
EPiServer.PageBase.OnInit(EventArgs e) +321    
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333    
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378 

My site is running on SP3 and since the solution has complex code regarding access to pages and setting access to pages programtically,
I dont want to upgrade to R2 so close to delivery. 
I've seen this problem in 2 different parts of my solutiong:
1. when trying to open a pop-up window with a use that dont have access to startpage
2. when trying to open a dialog window for mulitpage property in edit mode for a user that dont have access to startpage
Anyone seen this before?

-Kjetil Simensen
Dec 11, 2008 18:11
Vote:

Solved this!

The solution will be on our blog at Epinova AS(http://www.epinova.no/no/Blog/episerver_blog/)

- Kjetil Simensen

Edited, Dec 16, 2008 16:29
Vote:

Correct link (I think) would be this one:

http://www.epinova.no/en/blog/Kjetil-Simensen/dates/2008/12/access-denied-when-using-link-collection-property-or-mulitpageproperty/

Edited, Jul 14, 2010 12:29
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.