Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

List users from AD in certain groups

Vote:

Hi,

I have implemented the Active Directory Provider for CMS. Is it possible to choose which groups/users to show in EPiServer Admin ? Now it shows all users, but I want to show users from just 2 or 3 groups.

Frode 

Apr 21, 2008 8:25
Vote:

Hi Frode!

Which ActiveDirectory-provider is it that you are using?

If its the standard provider that comes with Asp.Net (System.Web.Security.ActiveDirectoryMembershipProvider), then Im afraid the answer is no, you can only specify the rootcontainer the provider should start searching from.

/johan

Apr 28, 2008 11:32
Vote:

And if it is the EPiServer CMS Active Directory Provider ?

/Lars

Apr 30, 2008 19:54
Vote:

Hi Frode,

What you want to do is pretty easy imo by implement your own provider. Just override the appropriate methods on an existing provider.  Check MSDN for more detailed information on the provider model.

May 02, 2008 2:04
Vote:

Lars, if you mean the EPiserver CMS ActiveDirectory _Role_ Provider (which is shipped with sourcecode), then its certainly possible to modify the sources to for example only include containers that are specified through configuration.

Note though that this provider only deals with groups (roles) and not users, in which case you would have to write your own membershipprovider.

/johan

May 05, 2008 10:01
Vote:

Thanks alot !

I'm using the CMS Active Directory Provider

Jun 10, 2008 12:26
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.