Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Multiple xForms in sequence

Vote:

I am currently trying to make a wizard like form with episerver xForms. I was wondering, is it possible to use the CustomUrl on the submit button to go from one xform to the next, by pointing it to another form. And will the values be saved on the last form?

I have not made this work, are there other possibilities?

Sep 24, 2008 8:31
Vote:

HI Aslak!

I have built a "XformWizardStep"-control that lets me embed a XForm control as a wizardstep inside a regular asp:Wizard control.

That way I dont have to keep track of navigation back/forth in the wizard, and can quite easily collect all contained xformControls upon the wizards Finish-button click.

My implementation however doesnt really use the posted XForm-data (SubmitData() is never called), the data is explicitly extracted as xml through the FormData-property.

If you find it interesting, I could email you the source for the control. You'd probably have to tweak it a little to suit your needs, like if you want the Xforms defined on separate (child)pages or not or if you want to let the xformcontrol handle its own datasubmit or not.

/johan

Sep 24, 2008 9:53
Vote:

Hi Johan,

I´am also looking for a xform wizard sample, have you noticed any drawbacks so far? I would appreciate it if you send me some code sample.

/Magnus

Oct 14, 2009 18:25
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.