Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Right Click Context Menu with Active Directory

Vote:

I have successfully integrated our EPiServer CMS5 with Active Directory and automatic login is in place for both our Edit and Admin areas.

However, when I first visit our site my right click context menu doesn't appear until after I have navigated to either Edit or Admin.

I am assuming this has something to do with the order that certain events take place so that the CMS knows I am logged in. Any ideas how I would achieve this? 

Oct 06, 2009 10:53
Vote:

Bump!

Oct 27, 2009 12:34
Vote:

Hi Nick,

May I ask how you did this?  I am trying to do something very similar.  I can get users to login via Active directory, however I can't seem to get it to automaticly login the users... They have to still enter there username and password.

Did you have to write some custom code for this or did you manage to achive it using the Role and Membership providers?

If you wouldn't mind giving me a helping hand with getting this setup I can see if I can help with your issue as its next on my list ;)

Cheers

Oct 29, 2009 16:29
Vote:

Make sure that the everyone group doesn't have read access. If that's the case, the user won't get logged in until you try to visit a restricted page.

Oct 29, 2009 20:35
Vote:

@Tomas

That worked for my auto login. Thanks.

@Arnold

I do it with Windows authentication and adding AD groups like DOMAIN\GROUP under Access Rights in the Admin area. Works a treat.

Oct 30, 2009 11:12
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.