Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

I'm no longer able to view page without logging in

Vote:

After I changed access rights to a page (then changed it back), I'm no longer able to view the page without logging in.

The group 'Everyone' has read access.
Other groups that also have read access are Administrators, WebAdmins, Nettstedsredaktør.

I'm using EPiServer 4.62.

Is this just another bug?

Nov 18, 2009 9:50
Vote:

How did you change the rights? did you make sure the changes only applied for the specific page and not any child pages? have you made sure that the page doesn't link (ex: the menu) to any pages that Everyone doesn't have read access to?

Nov 18, 2009 10:40
Vote:

This can happen if either CurrentPage or any page you retreive using PageBase.GetPage() method is in the Wastebasket (unless you are an editor) or you are lacking access rights.

Note in EPiServer 4 that GetPage on DataFactory does throw an exception but it is only GetPage on PageBase, PageTemplate and UserControlBase that catches it and hides what Page ID you are not allowed to see.

You can see the exception (and get some clues) if you create a test user that has no group memberships but have the persmission for function to see error messages. Log in as this user and go to the offending page.

Nov 18, 2009 10:58
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.