Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

webform_postbackoptions is undefined

Vote:

Hi,

I've just noticed a highly peculiar thing on one of our sites. The JavaScript error "webform_postbackoptions is undefined" has suddenly appeared on some pages were we have a linkbutton (not that not all pages that do include a linkbutton are affected).

I've read a few posts on the subject but with no luck. I've compared the output off two pages (one that doesn't render the error and one that does) which can be studied below.

I would really appreciate any kind off input on the subject.  One other thing that crossed my mind as being the bad guy in this case was an installation of a new virus application on the server (McAfee). This new application (initially) prevented the server from sending mail, but that's solved now.

I've tested to shut the virus application down but that didn't bring no good to the situation.

Any thoughts?

Here's the comparison:

Page that works render this
<script type='text/javascript'>document.forms[0].action='/XXX/ÝY/Post.aspx';</script>

Page tha don't work render this:

<script src="/WebResource.axd?d=cLeP3nyJzrYM8jna-ci2fQ2&amp;t=633464937405722500" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/WebResource.axd?d=xe5gfuGnm0HMgap1wDVtASH5MZssTEQ8dTsZhIDKxZk1&amp;t=633464937405722500" type="text/javascript"></script><script type='text/javascript'>document.forms[0].action='/XXX/YYY/ZZZ/Post.aspx';</script>
<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
function WebForm_OnSubmit() {
if (typeof(ValidatorOnSubmit) == "function" && ValidatorOnSubmit() == false) return false;
return true;
}
//]]>
</script>

May 08, 2009 13:09
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.