Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPI 5 R2, images dont work - maybe URL rewriter issue?

Vote:

Okey. After spending several nights i have to ask the question here.

I have installes a brand new EPiServer site in Windows Server 2008 and MS SQL 2008, following the guide here. (http://sdk.episerver.com/library/CMS5/Getting%20Started/Setting%20Up%20a%20New%20EPiServer%20Site%20with%20Visual%20Studio.htm?id=24877)

The site workes fine and i have begun developing. BUT!

When i add an image as a PageFile or a Global file og Document, the image will not display. Im using VirtualPageNativeProvider, the images are added correctly in the filesystem (VPP folders). But when the images are inserted on a page, the image dont work.

I have even tried to right click on the  red-cross-image-error and retrieve the path to the image. It is correct but cant show, when inserted in the browser address bar.

My guess is that the URL rewriter someway messes up the relative image path. Is it possible to disable the url rewriter completely?

Has anyone see this behaivour before?

Jul 14, 2009 9:15
Vote:

Maybe i should mention:

Im running IIS7 in Integrated mdoe since R2 supports that.

Edited, Jul 14, 2009 9:17
Vote:

Maybe i should mention:

Im running IIS7 in Integrated mode since this is supported in R2.

Jul 14, 2009 9:21
Vote:

Do you have all the <location> elements in your web.config file for the VPP folders?

Eg:
<location path="Global">
  <staticFile expirationTime="1.0:0:0" />
  <system.webServer>
  <handlers>
  <add name="webresources" path="WebResource.axd" verb="GET" type="System.Web.Handlers.AssemblyResourceLoader" />
  <add name="wildcard" path="*" verb="*" type="EPiServer.Web.StaticFileHandler, EPiServer" />
  </handlers>
  </system.webServer>
  </location>

Aug 05, 2009 14:27
Vote:

Hi,

Many thanks for your replies.

Yes i have those settings in web.config.

Now, I am able to getthrough the 404 error code. But i am still facing 500 error.  

[Exception... "'Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server. The status code returned from the server was: 500' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001c (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_JS_OBJECT)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]

Do i need to write this adapter as mentioned in the following post?

http://labs.episerver.com/en/Blogs/Johan-Bjornfot/Dates/112006/112115/UpdatePanel-in-EPiServe

r-CMS/

Edited, Mar 29, 2010 16:33
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.