Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to export all pages?

Vote:

I need to know the steps of exporting all content of English website to xml files so I can translate into another language and then I would need to know how to import this new language, Can I get any instructions? I did search the documents and I couldn't find any info.
Aug 09, 2009 17:55
Vote:

hi,

I know or former technical Trainer Chris Klug did a talk about this in last Developer summit. Check out his presentation and demo code,

http://world.episerver.com/en/Video/DevSummit/Building-Globalized-Web-Sites-with-EPiServer-CMS-/

I haven't tested the code myself, but it should get you started.

Per

Aug 10, 2009 10:07
Vote:

That's still not giving a full description to the job I am asking for. Yes he created a Plugin to export all content but still I can't see the exported file format and what is the difference between the xml he provides using the Plugin and the xml files I can get by exporting files from the Admin tools.

Also so far I still can't see how I can import the new language files!

I read the Admin Manual but it gives short descritpion and no much details.

I have big EPiServer website  and I need to localize more than 1000 pages into many different languages can you give me proper answers on the following questions:

1. How I export all the English content and get this without errors?

2. How I import new translated content for different languages?

Thanks

Aug 11, 2009 12:15
Vote:

hi,

Well there is no build in support in EPiServer CMS, however our research team has created an open source plugin, TranslateX, which should do the work for you.

http://world.episerver.com/en/Download/Categories/Open-Source/TranslateX/

Hope it helps,

Per

Aug 13, 2009 9:29
Vote:

Has anyone solved this problem.  I believe the TranslateX is only for version 4 not version 5.  I am trying to do the same thing and am not able to do this

Nov 04, 2009 14:23
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.