Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

"License in use" error with EPiServer 4 Developer Enterprise Master Licence

Vote:

We have two sites in IIS using the same Home Directory with an EPiServer4 Developer Enterprise Master licence.

Each IIS instance is represented with an "<appSettings instance=XXX>" element in the web,config, and each site sees it's own start page etc. However, we keep getting "licence in use errors" when browsing one of the sites (the error mentions the other site, of course).

I'm sure we've got something misconfigured, but can't figure out what - any ideas anyone?

TIA,
Mark

Aug 18, 2009 14:11
Vote:

Hi Mark,

If you look in the license.config what is MultiSiteLimit set to?

Aug 18, 2009 14:38
Vote:

Hi Mark,

I've created two new licenses for you with the correct multisite limit. Hopefully they've arrived now.

Regards,
Laurie

Aug 18, 2009 14:51
Vote:

Thanks Laurie,

That's done the trick.

BTW - If I use the new license UI to order developer enterprise licences, is there some way I can specify the site limit, or should it always be 25?

Regards,
Mark

Aug 19, 2009 11:50
Vote:

Hi!

An enterprise developer license will always default to 25 as the site limit. This can only be overridden internally so if you have a need for more sites for a developer license you need to contact a license admin here at EPiServer. The problem in this case was that the license used custom restrictions (instead of the default values) but had missed to set the site limit restriction to 25 which caused it to default to 1.

Linus Ekström
EPiServer Development Team

Aug 20, 2009 14:26
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.