Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Whats the best way for a mobile website?

Vote:

Hi,

We have a client who is on EPiServer 5 and they want a mobile version of the website or a scaled down version of the website.

Can anyone point in the direction of best solution ?

Sep 16, 2009 17:45
Vote:

You have a lot of different ways to concider.

If you want the structure and content to be basicly the same, i usually create i CSS for mobile use that transform the content and hides stuff you do not want in the mobile solution. I find this to be quite easy in most cases.

Sometimes you want the mobile solution te be really different in content. In that case you could create mobile templates and create a branch in your EPiServer solution containing mobile pages. ASP.NET have a lot of mobile controls you can use if you like.

The third way i can think of is to buy the service from thirdparty.

Sep 17, 2009 21:41
Vote:

Thanks for the options.

I think we would go for a scaled down and static version of the existing site aimed for popular mobile browsers like iPhone, BlackBerry, Nokia, Motorala etc.

Integration with EPiServer / ASP.NET mobile controls looks an overkill for our client at the moment and having over 300 pages for a mobile website will result in latency and slow response times.

Thirdparty tools are useful but they are costly and there is again a learning curve required to implement these tools with EPiServer.

Sep 21, 2009 18:48
Vote:

Hi Jonas,

Can u pls tell me how to create the page for mobile version in episerver? actually i follwed this url earlier.....

http://mobilecenter.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Installation%20Instructions&referringTitle=Documentation

But it requires iphone/ipod touch and more over it related to gadgets.

But my requirement is creating a page for mobile version......so that we can browse that page in mobile........

Any valuable suggestions?

Jul 13, 2011 6:28
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.