Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Editor Dynamic Content point to defined page

Vote:

We are creating a site which will have some values such as "company turn-over" defined in one place and then used with content of several pages. The "Dynamic Content" feature works great with the exception of requiring the editor to browse round the site to pick the page containing the values. Can a "Insert Dynamic Content" button on the WYSIWYG editor be made that points to a particular page on the site? We are currently using the standard built-in editor, with EpiServer 5R2, but I am trying to get TinyMCE to work so that we can use Firefox.

Cheers

Jan 14, 2010 17:52
Vote:

If I understand you correctly, you want a way for editors to choose the dynamic content they already have defined in a property on a page? Only way I can think of is creating a dynamic content plugin that lets your editors choose which page to retrieve the dynamic content from - you then need to go through the properties and use some regex to retrieve out all the dynamic content, display them to your editor, and let them choose which they want to add.

Hoep this help.

Frederik

Jan 17, 2010 13:01
Vote:

I would like to use a mechanism like the existing "Insert dynamic content", which is displayed in IE to editor's as "{}" above the rich text editor. But instead of requiring the editor to pick the page, to have it preselected, so the editor just needs to select the "Property to load data from".

Jan 20, 2010 16:34
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.