Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

External links to pdf makes ie crash -epi6

Vote:

I have a page with an external link to a pdf document on the shortcut tab.

Settings looks likes this (epi 6):

Link type : Link to another web page

Target : Open link in new window

External link : /Global/Document/SomeDoc.pdf

When I open the page in edit mode by clicking the page in the tree structure ie crashes (not responding). I can open page i edit mode (edit tab). This only happens in ie. How can I fix it?

Oct 29, 2010 9:24
Vote:

Which IE version are you using?

Oct 29, 2010 10:34
Vote:

ie8, works fine with firefox and chrome

Oct 29, 2010 11:40
Vote:

I tried to recreate this but it actually works fine in IE8 on my machine. Are you sure there is no problem with the PDF file? You probably already answered this when you say it works in FF and Chrome, but does the PDF open correctly in Windows Exporer?

Which PDF reader do you have installed? If Adobe Acrobat, try the followiing tip: http://www.ietips.net/articles/ie8-launching-blank-webpage-click-pdf-link/

Edited, Oct 29, 2010 12:38
Vote:

It does the same thing with all the pdf links on the page. The pdf file works correctly, and the site works fine when NOT in edit mode.

I tried the acrobat setting. Then the pdf file opens in a new window, but the preview area in epi becomes white (same as before) and ie crashes.

The funny thing is that I have the site on a virual server as well (the test environment) and when I surf to that site and open a page with a pdf link in edit mode, it works! Could it be some setting i web.config or simular? Somewhere it must be a setting for how the page should behave when opening pdf document etc.

Oct 29, 2010 13:46
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.