Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Most read pages

Vote:

Hi! I was trying to write a function for listing to the user the most read pages on the site. I have been looking at the logging functionality to help me with this, but I've heard that "RealTimeAnalyzer" will disappear in future versions and I don't know if that means CMS 6 R2 or further into the future.
So I was wondering if there is another way to achive my goal. I have been trying to use the PageFetchCount in this way but I don't get any data that makes sense:
int count = EPiServer.DataFactory.Instance.ProviderMap.GetPageProvider(myPageLink).PageFetchCount;

I'm I on the right track or completely lost?

Regards, 
Adam Solander

Nov 24, 2010 17:28
Vote:

Could GoogleAnalytics be a solution to collect the data? Im not sure if there's an api that you could work with for reading data though.

/Per

Nov 25, 2010 9:20
Vote:

I was actually sitting and looking at Google Analytics now as a solution and there is an API for .NET but I'm not sure if it will work as I want it to. I'm going to try it however. Thanks anyway!

Nov 25, 2010 14:17
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.