Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Dynamic property in several languages

Vote:

Hi,

I have several pages on my site that has the same identical EPiEditable Text block and all the pages are available in some different languages. One solution to do this is ofcource to create an EPiServer string property for each page type and enter the same identical text into each page for each language. But, since it is a lot of text and text formatting (the EPiServer property type is XHTML) I would like to only have one place to edit this text. Therefore I though of putting this property as a dynamic property instead. Then each page can point to this dynamic property instead. BUT, it seams like the dynamic properties are not able to be different for different languages, or am I wrong? I can not find any checkbox "Unique value per language" that I can select for dynamic properties. 

How do I do it?

BR

//Mikael

Dec 03, 2010 15:20
Vote:

There is no globalisation available for dynaimc properties, I have look for it many times, hard to understand why not implementet in the same manner as the rest.

So what I have done is a special settings page type "Settings", with same properties as would have been in dynamic properties, and unique per language. And a helper class for easy use on each page. Works really good.

Dec 05, 2010 9:14
Vote:

Globalization with dynamic properties is supported, just a bug in EPiServer CMS 6 that hides the checkbox for making the property globalized. I don't remember the fix right now, but if you ask EPiServer Support I'm sure they can help you.

Frederik

Dec 05, 2010 14:12
Vote:

Oh I see, great to hear, R2 is coming soon I've heard

Dec 05, 2010 21:03
Vote:

Thank you very much for this info. I just asked the support and they gave me this solution: 

This is a known issue:

Bug #45891: Is Language Specific flag is not visible when editing dynamic properties

A work around until a fix has been released is to add the following code to the /ui/admin/editpagetypedfield.aspx file:

<script runat="server">
protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e)
{
base.OnLoad(e);
PageTypeOnly.Visible = true;
}
</script>

This will enable some more fields than just the language specific field but I tried it and it seems to work.

Dec 06, 2010 11:44
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.