Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Deployd test-site not fully functional. Ideas?

Vote:

We've gotten a test version up on the production server. For this we used test.domain-name.se instead of the www.domain-name.se we normally use. It should perhaps be mentioned that we also have .fi, .no and .dk-domains pointed to this site and that the language redirection is made depending on what site you type in. It's just a guess so far but I think that the two problems so far might be have to do with this being a subdomain, but I'm not sure. The site is developed using IIS 7.0 while the production server runs IIS 6.0 so the web.config had to be altered according to http://epiwiki.se/configuration/Webconfig-IIS7-to-IIS6.

The first one is that all the images coming from the VPP-directories aren't shown, there's just that familiar X-picture in it's place. I thought this had to do with the VPP-paths in the web.config to do but these are the correct ones. Any ideas on what could be the problem?

The second one is a bit more disturbing. None of the links work. The pagelists seems to be working, it fetches the menus and news listnings and everything, however the links do not work. And above this to the URL of the link the language code is added. Example given: in the develop environment I've change my hosts-file to direct www.domain-name.se to point at my local site. The host name desides the language branch of the site so that means thats means the url to the news page is www.domain-name.se/news. However on the test site we now put up the url to the news page is test.domain-name.se/se/news but the page language is already in swedish.

I'de be more than grateful for any ideas on what this could depend on.

Feb 24, 2010 15:51
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.