Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

ICommentableEntity Interface

Vote:

Hi

I came across the ICommentableEntity interface in the sdk. I have searched for info here but can find any.

What is the purpose of this interface? I would want to create a comment feature to a page. Can this be done using this interface. If so, how?

Feb 11, 2010 12:45
Vote:

Hi!

The ICommentableEntity interface is implemented by FrameworkEntityBase which in turn is the base class for EPiServer Community entities such as Forum, Blog, Club etc.

By implementing this interface you can add comments to instances of the class that implements it with the general comments system in EPiServer Community. In order to use it for CMS pages you will have to create an adapter class that turns PageData "into" an Community entity. You may be able to use this for that.

Feb 11, 2010 16:17
Vote:

Hello Joel, and everyone else for that matter.

We've managed to make it possible to add comments to pages using the PageEntity "framework" which is great. Now our next issue is that these comments should be reportable, which also works fine, but when they appear in the "Abuse report" there is no interface to handle the content of the comment. When clicking on Edit content nothing happens. Does anyone have a good solution or suggestion to how to solve this?

Best regards

Martin

Feb 18, 2010 12:43
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.