Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Help! User migration and PersonalizedData

Vote:

Hi,

We are migrating a Episerver 4 site to an Episever 5 and everything is going well. but we're having problems migrating all the PersonalizedData. They have added some extra fields to the users in the episerver 4 solution and we've added these fields to the MigrationTool.exe.config file, but when we look at the users after the migration we see that some of the added fields are not imported.

At the moment we're trying to hook us on some of the eventhandlers specified in the EPiServer.Migration.dll but we're struggling a little bit. and since the only way to find out if the code is OK we need to do a full db migration, we thought it would be a good idea to check if anyone out there has done this before and could provide some example code?

-Kjetil Simensen

Mar 18, 2010 14:28
Vote:

Those extra fields - what type are they? String, int? Also, have you remembered to add the extra fields to the sql profile section in your migrated web.config file?

Mar 19, 2010 9:33
Vote:

The extra fields that i've added to both web.config on migrated site and in my migrationtool.exe.config file are:

<add name="AccountID" type="System.String" provider="SqlProfile" />
<add name="ClientID" type="System.String" provider="SqlProfile" />
<add name="ContactID" type="System.Int32" provider="SqlProfile" />
<add name="DepartmentID" type="System.Int32" provider="SqlProfile" />
<add name="CompanyName" type="System.String" provider="SqlProfile" />
<add name="ContactName" type="System.String" provider="SqlProfile" />
<add name="DepartmentName" type="System.String" provider="SqlProfile" />

For some reason some of these are not migrated. I've checked the db that the type is correct for all fields but we might need to re-run that check for corrupt data.

But if you have some code examples for how to hook on to the events that occurs during the user migration and how to process the migrated data from the SID user to the sql user, i would be very grateful! :)

-Kjetil

Mar 19, 2010 10:16
Vote:

Hi Kjetil,

Did you find a good solution for migrating the personalized data? I'm stuck with the same issues. :-)

Regards, Leif

PersonalizedData

Sep 08, 2010 10:34
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.