Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Which operands can be used in SearchDataSource

Vote:

Hi all

Im wondering which operands the SearchDataSource accepts - more specific im wondering if the out of the box functionality supports searching on a phrase like "det skjedde i 2008".

When i performs that search in Episerver CMS 5 R2 i get results that doesnt contain the phrase but just one of the words.

I found this refrence : http://world.episerver.com/FAQ/Items/Which-operands-can-be-used-with-the-PageSeach-control/ 

but can't  find a similar for Episever CMS 5 R2.

Does SearchDataSource suport the use of Phrase searched or do I need to setup/code som extra functionality ?

Do you have a link that lists the posible search operands for Episerver cms 5 R2 ?  

Best regards :)

Mar 09, 2010 11:08
Vote:

Hi, Any luck on resolving this?

May 11, 2010 18:19
Vote:

It's the same: You can use + to require words and - to exclude words. Unmarked words are treated as optional. Logical operators and phrases are not supported.

May 11, 2010 19:43
Vote:

I have tried to do use the operands to search using the and but it seems to be not working with numbers. for example

+abc +def returns all the pages that contain abc AND def but if i do the same with

+abc +4, 4 being just a number then it is not returing the correct result. I know a page exists that contains 4 AND abc but EPiserver search returns nothing.

Any help will be highly appreciated...

Thanks

Edited, May 21, 2010 15:21
Vote:

If you don't use reflector I strongly recomend it when workig whith episerver and you want to know more about it's inner. The regular expression for indexing pages is in the site settings in web.config so you could analyze it to see more what exacly it's indexing.

/per

May 22, 2010 21:02
Vote:

The search result depend on the data in table tblKeyword which contains keywords indexed atfer you save and publish a page.

I think the reason it didn't return result because by default, the regular expression value for indexing a keyword is

indexingTextRegExp="[\p{N}\p{L}]{1}[\p{N}\p{L}-\._]*[\p{N}\p{L}]{1}"

You can find it in web.config.

So by default, 4 will not be indexed.

You can change the value regular expression to:

indexingTextRegExp="[\p{N}\p{L}]{1}[\p{N}\p{L}-\._]*"

So you can test again by creating a new page having "abc 4" and searh again "+abc +4" and you will see the return value.

May 24, 2010 12:52
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.