Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Can xForm pass a querystring/variables after submitting form?

Vote:

Here's my problem. I have an xform created for users to register, and then I would like to take specific information (first name, last name, and email) and pass this as a query - example: http://mywebsite.com?firstname=john&lastname=doe&email=myemail@email.com.

Is there a way to do this after a user submits the xform? I know you can set a page to redirect after submit, but you can't specify a custom url, only a page within the website.

Or is there a better way to pass variables to the next page? I have a flash game in the next page where I need to pass the variables in the form to this flash game so it can be tracked. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Christine

Apr 05, 2010 16:07
Vote:

Hi Christine

Depending on which version of EPiServer you're using there should be some event methods in your global.asax file that you can use. Check the XForm_AfterSubmitPostedData method.

Hope this helps

Frederik

Apr 05, 2010 16:51
Vote:

Thanks for the idea! I used the XForm_AfterSubmitPostedData method like you said and I retrieved the filled in fields (using e.FormData.GetValue), then appended them to a string and used that as my redirect page - with checks for if the fields are not empty of course.

Apr 13, 2010 16:45
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.