Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Create new language base instance

Vote:

How can i create a new language instance from existing website and treat it as base template for instances of same language type?

Jun 09, 2010 16:39
Vote:

What are you trying to accomplish? Create a copy of your website in a different language, or create a "template package" of your existing site?

Jun 10, 2010 8:00
Vote:

I have to do both.

Thanks

Jun 10, 2010 9:36
Vote:

To create a copy of a website, you could use the export tool in admin mode to create a package of your site, and import that on a new clean site. Or, you could do a database backup and restore (to a new db) plus copying all the vpp folders. I would do the export tool on a small site, and go for the db restore for larger sites.

To change the language on a site, you could use Adam's advanced language tool which you can read about here:
http://blog.najmanowicz.com/2009/04/06/advanced-language-manipulation-tool-for-episerver/

Jun 10, 2010 10:01
Vote:

So that means that if i have got an english site(template),and i want to create another english site just the url difference, then i can create it and add it to the existing english url.

Now, if i want to create Template website in other language which will be the base for languages of this type, how can i do that?

differenciate between an instance on a website and another website from existing one?

Also, how can i shift my websited from staging to production?

Thank you very much for your help.

Jun 10, 2010 10:09
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.