Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Can anyone help? "TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation"

Vote:

Hi,

I'm quite new to EpiServer and am trying to set up a local copy of a site that we run.  I think I have got the code and latest DB but am getting the following error:

Exception details: TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Stack trace:

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct& signature, IntPtr declaringType)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeConstructor(Object[] args, SignatureStruct signature, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringType)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.CreateInstance(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
   at EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathHandler.CreateVirtualPathProviderInstance(ProviderSettings providerSettings)
   at EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathHandler.InitializeProviders(ProviderSettingsCollection providers)
   at EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule.InitializeVirtualPathProviders(VirtualPathElement vpElement)
   at EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule.Initialize(EPiServerSection config, Settings settings, ConnectionStringSettingsCollection connectionStringSettings)
   at EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule.StaticInitialization()
   at EPiServer.Web.InitializationModule.Application_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

[Inner exception ObjectStoreException: Failed to load named object /filesystem/PageFiles.]
   at EPiServer.Implementation.SqlObjectStore.LoadOrCreatePath(String path, Boolean create, IItem current)
   at EPiServer.Implementation.SqlObjectStore.LoadPath(String path, IItem current)
   at EPiServer.Implementation.DefaultSession.LoadPath(String path)
   at EPiServer.Web.Hosting.Versioning.Store.DirectoryOperations.CreateRoot(String rootName)
   at EPiServer.Web.Hosting.Versioning.VersioningFileSystem.Init(NameValueCollection config)
   at EPiServer.Web.Hosting.VirtualPathVersioningProvider..ctor(String name, NameValueCollection configParameters)
Can anyone help me understand why this is happening?
Thanks,
Vickie Pring
Jul 14, 2010 11:50
Vote:

I think you don't have directory for your page files on the local machine. Check your web.config for the /filesystem/PageFiles entry. There should be a directory name. Create the directory and set access rights for the user your IIS is using.

Jul 14, 2010 12:09
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.