Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

New GuiPlugin from single assembly

Vote:

Hi all, I have only done the CMS6 basic course, so not sure if anything else is required to get a plugin working in CMS5... I have a separate project as we don't have source code for the site yet, have created a plugin, and have uploaded both the dll and the aspx files. I can view and execute the plugin if I navigate to it directly, but I can't get it to show up in the admin menu or the report manager menu, which is defeating the point of doing it within the CMS. Does anyone have any pointers to what I may need to do, or something I'm doing incorrectly? Many thanks, Paul
Aug 18, 2010 11:40
Vote:

All assemblies in the bin folder should be scanned on startup so the problem is not that you have your plugin in a separate assembly.

Have you decorated your class with the GUIPlugin attribute and selected a plugin area and supplied the path to your aspx/ascx?

Aug 18, 2010 12:20
Vote:

Hi Magnus,

Yes, I have done both.  This is my plugin attribute:

[GuiPlugIn(DisplayName = "My GUI Plugin", 
        Description = "My GUI Plugin", 
        Area = PlugInArea.AdminMenu, Url = "~/GUIPlugins/MyNewForm.aspx")]

[GuiPlugIn(

DisplayName = "My GUI Plugin",

Description = "My GUI Plugin",         

Area = PlugInArea.AdminMenu,

Url = "~/GUIPlugins/MyNewForm.aspx")

]

I even copied one of our existing plugins, and changed the relevant parts, and although it worked when navigated to, it didn't show in any menu, so I'm really stumped.

Thanks

Aug 18, 2010 12:24
Vote:

UPDATE:

It seemed this was down to the initial project not being set up correctly.  It now works as expected.

Anyone heard any news of the VS2010 template pack being released?

Aug 18, 2010 17:41
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.