Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Win7 VS2008 debug episerver project slow

Vote:

I am using win7 64x pro + VS2008sp1/2010pro + sql2008 std, no issues with speed or others, but recently I had copied a project from old laptop (xp pro 32 bit) and noticed some issues.

As noticed on all machines debugging Episerver projects takes almost 30 min to run default page. The same page used to load in seconds in old laptop/configuration.

Other projects on VS2008 or VS2010pro works like charm. Are there any issues with Episerver's dlls copied across? Does any one noticed similar issues?

Sanjay.

Aug 27, 2010 17:23
Vote:

I debug a rather large project on windows 7/ vs 2008 sp1 without problems. It loads the start page in ~15 seconds, however it's a brand new PC with SSD drive. My old computer was considerably slower. I don't use the development server but instead debug on the local IIS.

No chance you added the online debug symbols and did so without a local caching directory? I used those before (with local caching) but it made things too slow so I removed it. But not under any circumstances more than 3-4 minutes to load the start page, and that was with a slow database connection.

Edit: Forgot to mention that my windows 7 is also 64-bit.

Edited, Aug 27, 2010 17:55
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.