Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

overriding EditPageButtonControl

Vote:

hi I am trying to override the editpagebuttoncontrol.ascx.cs file.  I have used a VPP to direct requests to my version however when i run it it is putting Version (1)(1) on my tabs!!! it is like it is creating two instances.  If i then try and override the VersionListControl i get two "Version" tabs instead of one.  Has anyone come across this and found a solution??

Thanks

Gwen

Aug 25, 2010 15:10
Vote:

Did you decorate your derived VersionListControl class with the plugin attribute? That would probably cause it to load double, since the init system finds the attribute both on the standard class and on your derived class.

Aug 26, 2010 8:40
Vote:

brilliant thank you! you also need to comment out the line in the on load event

// ((EditPanel)this.Page).GetTabForPlugIn(typeof(VersionListControl)).PreRender += new EventHandler(this.Tab_PreRender);

Aug 26, 2010 15:58
Vote:

brilliant thank you! you also need to comment out the line in the on load event

// ((EditPanel)this.Page).GetTabForPlugIn(typeof(VersionListControl)).PreRender += new EventHandler(this.Tab_PreRender);

Aug 26, 2010 15:59
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.