Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

website requires authentication

Vote:

Hello!

I'm having a problem in a CMS 6 project I'm working on. IT turns out the website is suddenly requiring authentication on production for ordinary users. I have checked the permissions and set them so everyone can read all the pages, and made sure to check the option for applying the permission also to the contained pages. Still this doesn't help. What else can I check/change?

Thanks,

/Kenia

Oct 13, 2011 12:41
Vote:

Have you checked the pages in Recycle Bin? "Everyone" is not allowd to read pages from here and if they have deleted a page that is being referenced somewhere this might be causing the issue.

Oct 13, 2011 14:48
Vote:

Well i have checked the Recycle Bin as well and made sure all the pages in there have read access for Everyone, but still it prompts for authentication. The website also has a few dynamic properties, but I'm not sure if any permissions are required for this..? i'm just guessing here.

Oct 13, 2011 15:13
Vote:

It is solved now, it was just a confusion. There was a user named "everyone" and the priviledges were being set to that user instead of the group "Everyone". Thanks anyway!

Oct 13, 2011 16:36
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.