Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom Property with Custom Settings

Vote:

Hi Guys

I have created a custom property which is just a category selector although their are custom settings so the root category can be specified, when i create multiple instances of this property on the same page it always returns me the settings for the first property found on the page, any idea on why this is not unique per property instance.

let me know if you need to see code examples just did not want to paste them right away as it might be a known issue

I am using EPiServer 6 R2

Thanks

Minesh

Nov 17, 2011 19:27
Vote:

Ignore the above I was not doing this correctly basically i had javascript opening the dialog box passing the settigns via querystring. Although only a single javascript instance was being created so both properties were using this one block of javascript and passing the same querystring paramaeters.

Fix this by appending the function name of the javascript so multiple javascripts instances are created alternative to this would have been to use session to pass the setting values.  

Nov 18, 2011 10:33
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.