Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Problem with workflows instances in CMS 6

Vote:

Hello everyone,

I have migrated a project from CMS 5 to CMS 6. The project implements some workflows that i need to test to make sure the migration was correct, but I'm new to the concept of workflows and I'm having problems starting the instances. I have read the SDK and a series of posts about creating workflows at http://www.markeverard.com/blog/2010/09/29/developing-a-custom-workflow-in-episerver-part-one/, but still i can't find the source of my problem.
Everything looks fine to me in config file, the service is registered and the dll is copied in the bin folder of the project. I can create new definitions and see the ones created before, as well as the instances in those previously created definitions. However the instances don't fire when the page events fire, and i don't know how to fire one manually... This is how my configuration looks like:

<workflowSettings workflowDelayedLoading="false">
    <workflowHost type="EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation.AspNetWorkflowManager,EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation" />
    <externalServices>
      <externalService type="EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation.Workflows.ApprovalService,EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation" />
      <externalService type="EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation.Workflows.ReadyForTranslationService,EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation" />
      <externalService type="EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation.Workflows.RequestForFeedbackService,EPiServer.WorkflowFoundation" />
      <externalService type="ElsakWorkflows.AskAQuestionService, ElsäkWorkflows" />
    </externalServices>
  </workflowSettings>

<workflowRuntime EnablePerformanceCounters="false">
    <Services>
      <add type="System.Workflow.Runtime.Hosting.DefaultWorkflowSchedulerService, System.Workflow.Runtime, Version=3.0.00000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" maxSimultaneousWorkflows="5" />
      <!-- Comment the following two lines when running on oracle. -->
      <add type="System.Workflow.Runtime.Hosting.SharedConnectionWorkflowCommitWorkBatchService, System.Workflow.Runtime, Version=3.0.00000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" />
      <add type="System.Workflow.Runtime.Hosting.SqlWorkflowPersistenceService, System.Workflow.Runtime, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" UnloadOnIdle="true" />
      <!-- Uncomment the following two lines when running on oracle. -->
      <!--<add name="oracle" providerName="Oracle.DataAccess.Client" type="WFTools.Services.Persistence.Ado.AdoPersistenceService, EPiServer.WFTools.Services,Culture=neutral" UnloadOnIdle="true" ConnectionString="Data Source=localhost;User Id=EPISERVER;Password=EPISERVER;"/>
      <add type="WFTools.Services.Batching.Ado.AdoWorkBatchService, EPiServer.WFTools.Services" ConnectionString="Data Source=localhost;User Id=EPISERVER;Password=EPISERVER;"/>-->
    </Services>
  </workflowRuntime>

I have also made sure the "enableScheduler" attribute in siteSettings is set to true.
Any kind of help, ideas or tips will be highly appreciated, since I'm pretty stuck on this.

Thanks!
/Kenia

Nov 22, 2011 15:40
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.