Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Change EditPanel plugin DisplayName at runtime?

Vote:

Hi! Is there anyone of you who knows how to change the DisplayName of an EditPanel plugin at runtime? Like the Version tab when you have an unfinished version of a page.

Mar 17, 2011 18:32
Vote:

No one? Ill try to be more specific:

I've made an EditPanel plugin called Comments wich (of cource...) adds a tab to the edit panel tab area. The plugin simply lists comments that has been registered for the current page. Now I want to display the number of comments in the tab name, like Commets (0) or Comments (4). How do I achive that?

Thanks in advance!

Mar 18, 2011 10:48
Vote:

Mar 18, 2011 15:09
Vote:

To be more specific (I'm speculating here) you should be able to use the same tecnique to attach to the PreRender event, then go through the tabstrip items. Cast them as TabStripTab items or NavigationNode items to explore them more. If you can find a way to find "your" tab (using the text?) you can set its Text and hope that the value you set gets rendered.

Mar 18, 2011 15:17
Vote:

Thank you Magnus for pointing me in the right direction! I went for Allans solution, that was exactly what I was looking for.

// Tony

Mar 18, 2011 17:37
Vote:

Care to share your code? It seems like a nice feature and I can see other similar applications as well.

Mar 19, 2011 10:45
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.